Archive for February 2017
Criminal defense lawyer sometime gets a not-so-flattering portrayal because people assume that he defends the guilty. However, if you are a defendant in a criminal proceeding, you need the assistance of a qualified criminal defense lawyer, regardless of your guilt or innocence. As the protector and advocate of the accused, defense lawyer plays a pivotal role in the justice system of almost every democratic country, and that is to see that everyone charged with criminal offence has an opportunity to defend themselves.
This post highlights the significance of good criminal lawyers, such as passipatel.ca, in defending charges or proving crime.
The Main Purpose
The main purpose of any criminal lawyer e is to protect the rights of the accused. Upholding your rights under the Bill of Rights as set forth in Canada, criminal lawyers Mississauga are bound by law to assist their clients by making sure you are treated fairly by the Canadian criminal justice system. Specifically, your criminal defense lawyer’s job is to see that you are allowed:
- The right to be presumed innocent until proven guilty “beyond a reasonable doubt”;
- The right to a trial by a jury of your peers;
- The right to a speedy and public trial;
- The right to remain silent;
- The right to legal counsel; and
- The right to be free from unreasonable searches and seizures.
On the other hand, Mississaugacriminal lawyers get a great deal of satisfaction when their representation of an accused individual has a positive impact on society. For instance, when a criminal defense lawyer helps a client avoid more serious legal consequences by intervening in lives to affect positive change (i.e., plea bargains of rehabilitation instead of jail time, community service and probation instead of jail time etc.).
Criminal Defence Attorney Defends The Innocent
Most important role of a criminal defense attorney is to defend the innocent. We see daily about overturned criminal cases where new evidence verifies the incarceration of an innocent person who has served time as a result of an incorrect guilty verdict. And, while for the most part, most clients of criminal defense attorneys are somewhat criminally culpable in the crime they have been charged with, on rare occasions, some of a lawyer’s clients are truly innocent. Though a rare occurrence, innocent people are accused and convicted of criminal offenses.
Criminal Defence Attorney Protects the Rights of the Guilty
In general guilty clients that criminal defense attorney represents fall into two categories:
- Those who deny criminal culpability; and
- Those who take responsibility for their criminal behavior
Most lawyers agree that the most difficult criminal client to represent is one that takes some responsibility for the crime as it is much easier to establish innocence or reasonable doubt when you don’t think your client is guilty. Facing ethical and moral dilemmas daily, a criminal defense lawyer must deal with situations where they have knowingly facilitated the release of a guilty person, risking their reputation and a clear conscience.
As a trusted advocate, criminal defense lawyers have a great deal of influence on their clients’ lives as opposed to a judge, prosecutor or probation officer.
The work place has become a common ground for harassment for many years. However, this situation has changed due to strict laws implemented by Toronto to control such outrageous behavior. Interestingly, many employment law firms in Toronto state that it is not always the woman subject to harassment and men also face similar problems. There are many types of harassment that an individual can face in the work place and they two major types are:
- Discriminatory Harassment – The individual need not be subjected to physical contact or verbal abuse, but sexual harassment can be in the form of discrimination as well. De Bousquet Toronto explains this condition with an example. If the employer or the boss invites only men for a meeting leaving out women, then it is considered as a bias decision and the women can file a discriminatory sexual harassment law suit against the company. There must be equality in the office and everyone should respect that.
- Severe Harassment – If an individual is targeted in the work place for being a particular gender, color or religion; then, it comes under severe harassment. With the help of an employment lawyer Toronto the individual can immediately file a case against the company or the individuals. In instances like these, many companies have faced severe problems and some were even closed. So frequent harassment can harm the individual who has done it and the work place also.
According to employment law firms in Toronto, many employees in the work place are not aware of these laws and tease people casually. If this goes out of hand and fun doesn’t remain fun anymore, the individual can react in a severe manner. Therefore, the companies have to take responsibilities and follow strict policies to ensure that harassment is not seen in the office.
A lawyer can take any gesture like signaling, abusing, unwanted physical contact, sexual jokes, derogatory movements of the limbs, etc. to file a case against an individual. For those who are experiencing such situations in real life, they can confidently hire an employment lawyer Toronto to take care of the situation.
The victim’s responsibility
Before going for legal help, the individual has to understand certain things. The first thing is that the other person might have been doing some gestures as a result of some previous unintentional response from the side of the individual [victim]. It is agreeable that matters like that are hard to remember, but the individual has to intimate the person to stop such advances as they are hurting emotions. The second thing, if the person doesn’t take heed, is to complain to the supervisor or superiors about the matter. If there is a union for employees, it is suggestible to take the matter in front of them. If the situation is not resolved even after all the efforts, and then the individual [either male or female] can approach a lawyer and take legal actions. Once the matter enters the hands of a lawyer, an individual can be assured that justice is done and the person is punished appropriately.